I am THIRTY (I am also THIRSTY if anyone wants to get me a drink)
Let's get serious here for a second: What did you buy me!?!?!?!?!?
I am officially a cougar....married to someone in their twenties (He'll be 30 in two months!)
No tears yet....this is good! it's still early!
Today, instead of focusing on the fact that I don't have a child yet, I will focus on what I do have:
- I have a husband who loves me and of course worships the ground I walk on! I have been incredibly lucky in love in my life and I am so thankful for that.
- I am blessed to have an amazing relationship with my parents who are both incredibly supportive and always there to listen.
- I have fantastic relationships with both my sister and brother and I love it! My sister has become my best friend (seriously....I wasn't sure we would both survive our teen years together!) and my brother has always been a ray of light in my life! I adore them both!!!
- I have the greatest grandparents in the world! My heart is just so full of love for them. (Here comes the tears!). I treasure every moment spent with them <3 <3
-MY NEPHEW is the CUTEST kid in the WHOLE world. No really he is. I know you are all thinking that I'm just saying that and that your kids or nephews/neices are cuter. Well they aren't! It is incredible to me how happy he makes my soul!
- I have been blessed with two sets of great in-laws. I mean...they made my husband so how could they not be wonderful! It's amazing to have three families that love you unconditionally!
- I don't have tons of friends but the friends I have are close and so dear to my heart. I am incredibly blessed to have my two best friends from high school still in my life...and still as close as ever! Over the years I have made some strong friendships and I adore what each one of them brings into my life!
So I can sit here today and cry because my dreams are gone...I won't be a young mom like I had always hoped...I won't have my family complete by the age of thirty. OR-
I can celebrate the person I am now and the people that have helped to make me who I am today.
I choose to celebrate (with just a little bit of tears....It's better than a little bit of celebrate with a lot of tears!)
So I tonight I will close my eyes and picture how lucky my child will be to be born into such a wonderful family as I blow out my candles....because the truth is ..the longer my child takes to come...the more awesome my family becomes!
NOW LET'S PARTY!!!!! CUPCAKES FOR EVERYONE!
Posted by Amaprincess at 10:16 AM