The Long Awaited IUI #1

We did it!!!
My little follicle that could...did! We did our first IUI this morning. We arrived once again at the office 5 minutes early. Hubby was excited to see there were bagels again! We went into the waiting room and I got called for my blood work right away. I go back to the lab and there is LOUD music blasting....a Sean Paul CD....I love me some Sean Paul music! I like to "shake that thing"...just NOT at 6 in the morning. And then when I thought it couldn't get any worse..the guy taking my blood started dancing! He was dancing around the lab and then was ACTUALLY dancing while taking my blood. Please tech taking my blood, don't shake your ass or man junk while you have a needle in my arm collecting blood. I was super annoyed ....and then I noticed it....THE DR ON CALL ....Dr. " I-don't-know-what-the-hell-just-happened"....CRAP!

Hubby said to me before we went in "Watch him not be able to find the follicle"....and that was what happened....Not only could he not find the follicle...HE COULDN'T FIND MY LEFT OVARY! Now I'm not doctor or even a lover of biology but I am pretty sure that the left ovary is on the left and it stays on the left. After a VERY uncomfortable examination....we got the very limited information that Dr."I-don't-know-what-the-hell-just-happened" is famous for. "It's over 20. We will do the IUI". Although limited ....the news was so exciting!

Next Hubby did his business and it was time for my shot. The nurse called me in and asked if everything was OK. She must have known I was gonna pass out. She gave me the option of my stomach or my thigh and she said we would go with my thigh from the color white I turned when she mentioned my stomach. The shot itself was painless....really just a little prick...but my leg started to throb for a bit after.

After that we had an "hour" wait (they say its an hour...but it so wasn't an hour....much longer). We had a bagel (thanks doc!) and sat in the car (I needed to get out of there for a bit). We got called back about 9 to do the IUI and you would think I was going to the bank to withdraw millions. We had to sign two pieces of paper after verifying info with nurse one. Then nurse two comes in and tries to trip me up with questions...seriously...rapid fire questions " Name" "Partners Name" "Birthday" "Partners Birthday"....then Dr. "I-don't-know-what-the-hell-just-happened" comes in and had to verify the info again. When he asked my name I almost laughed ...You have seen me without pants on twice already and now you are asking my name =). Then we were ready to go..

Procedure slightly uncomfortable in the beginning but SO worth it! After the doctor left the room, Hubby says to me "I feel like I'm at a casino...everyone is wishing us a generic good luck...like they do when you cash in chips or sit down at a table and change money". I hadn't noticed it until a nurse came back in and did it and then we both started laughing.

So here I am ...resting in bed on my laptop writing to you all! IUI # 2 is scheduled for tomorrow morning ...we have an appt! Thank God because we spent like 4 hours there this morning.

So come on egg....."I think you can" "I think you can"


PCOSChick said...

Sounds like an adventure of a morning! So glad it went well & you guys got some good laughs out of it! Hope tomorrow is just as good....send lots of baby dust your way!!

BumpBlogger said...

Great post! Good luck girl!

Mommy In Waiting said...

Congrats, and this is a sincere...Good luck!!!

jenicini said...

Wow, what an experience! Yippee hoping the eggs and sperms are having a little dance (hehehe).